President Donald Trump’s physician said he is “no longer considered a transmission risk to others” on day 10 since the start of the president’s bout with COVID-19.
In a memo released by the White House on Saturday night, Dr. Sean Conley added on to his previous assessment that Trump met the criteria to stop isolation. The memo did not address whether Trump has tested negative for the virus.
“Now at day 10 from symptom onset, fever-free for well over 24 hours and all symptoms improved, the assortment of advanced diagnostic tests obtained reveal there is no longer evidence of actively replicating virus,” Conley said.
The memo comes after Trump held his first public event at the White House Saturday since he tested positive Oct. 1.
On Thursday, Conley said that Trump would be cleared to be around others again beginning Saturday and that he had completed his course of therapy for COVID-19 “as prescribed by his team of physicians.”
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines say someone who tested positive should remain isolated until 10 days have passed since the onset of their symptoms.
“Moving forward, I will continue to monitor him clinically as he returns to an active schedule,” Conley said in the Saturday memo.
Trump was hospitalized at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center over the previous weekend after his diagnosis, where he received supplemental oxygen and had a “high fever” before returning to the White House last Monday.
The president is scheduled to resume campaign rallies starting Monday, when he will be in Sanford, Fla. He also has events planned for Johnstown, Penn., on Tuesday and in Des Moines, Iowa, on Wednesday.
2020 election live updates: Biden hopes Trump makes sure he’s COVID ‘clear’ before events; Christie out of hospital
Was Trump ever on oxygen?: Health, security experts say America needs ‘total honesty’ on president’s condition
“I’m feeling great, I don’t know about you,” Trump said in his Saturday address to hundreds of supporters at the White House.
The event occurred a day after Trump said he was “medication-free” in an interview with Fox News. He added that he didn’t know the results of his most recent coronavirus test, which he said was administered earlier on Friday.
White House officials and Trump’s physician have refused to say when he last tested negative before his positive test last week.
Since Trump was diagnosed with COVID-19, an array of White House officials and top Republicans have also tested positive, several who were in attendance at a Sept. 26 Rose Garden announcement of Trump’s Supreme Court pick. That gathering has since been deemed a “superspreader” event.
A USA TODAY investigation found that individuals who tested positive in the president’s orbit may have exposed thousands of people across the country. At least 6,000 people attended meetings, rallies and other gatherings with people tied to the outbreak in the White House in the week leading up to the Rose Garden event.
Related: A visual guide to President Donald Trump’s COVID-19 treatment
The Minnesota Health Department on Friday also said that nine people who reported attending president’s rally in Bemidji, Minn. last month are now positive for the virus, with one in intensive care.
Contributing: Rebecca Morin, Courtney Subramanian
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Trump not a risk for transmitting COVID-19, Dr. Conley says